Feb 24, 2006

The book of prefaces

I am fascinated by this book these days. When I took a lazy walk to Eslite bookstore, I usually do not check the height of my purse. Simply I used to buy some cheap book or magazine or just sit down beneath the display stand and read books for a while.

I'd like to go there becase of a few reason. A small but comfortable park is near and also good beef noodle restaurant is on the way. Most of all, there is a good toillete. It's very easy to access. Mostly, in Tainan, I can hardly use restroom when I'm walking on the street.

The fact that most of foreign books are very cheap is actually the reason why I used to go there. Back in Korea, the price of foreign books includes the fee and transit cost, and their interest so that it's really expensive. Some of CD books for kids are more than twice as much as original price.

But here, maybe in Taiwan, book price is almost same as original amount. Amazing. I don't know how they handle the contract, anyway I envy them. I bought some big size illustrated books about the images of Jesus here and was really satisfied. It is very famous and monumental work of Jaroslav Pelikan, who is also one of the famous theologians. It was quite cheap. And also I got Beethoven by Adorno even though I didn't read yet. May I hope to buy Gramatology here before I go back either.

I didn't check this book was already translated into Korean. Nonetheless I wanna buy it. It is good enough to decorate my library, isn't it?

0 comments: