Feb 9, 2006

Chatting with my daughter

I'm chatting with Sarah. Actually this name was given by her teacher several years ago. Kindergarden teacher just named every kids for convenience. Kids and parents usually take new names uncontiuously including me because of two reasons.

One is by the ability of English I guess. They used to be nervous to talk with foriegner as well as their kids' teacher. It is not easy for them to change or claim on names. The other reason maybe no special thoughts about second name. Like naming their pets or nick for internet id, it is not so serious for them to have another 'name.'

To me, it is not so moderate meaning. Ok, my fashion is old enough to be too serious about 'just' another name. But name should be not just a title. Like a poem, "before you call my name, I was just a small motion" Whatever you feel by this line of poem, it is one of the famous modernism poets. "I" in the rhyme is a flower. A flower becomes some flower when someone touch it and call its name. It is the relation between a being and another being. That's my understanding of relationship.

Naming is not classifying or grouping. Not title. It usually presents what's it all about being. Am I too sophisticated? Anyway, she is teasing me with a snack. She is eating a delicous dried squid. I like it.

In the bible, Sarah means 'laugh' as I know. She makes me happy and smile. Always. I love her so much. Yunhoo, well, it's her original name, I miss you...

1 comments:

leesundra said...

a name is nothing more than a sound created so that you recognise from that sound, that you have been called.

what do you think?

and the best thing about it, no matter how many times a person may shout or call my name, i can choose to ignore it. why?
because it is mine...

feeling a little low...as usual. maybe it's because i laughed too much yesterday...yin and yang?

anyway, sarah is beautiful name.