Feb 6, 2006

Strings on the street

A lady was playing traditional instrument. Thousands of people were enjoying "Love River," which has its beautiful history. I stopped there by the instrument's force and listened her playing for long while although I didn't understand the tune.

Maybe the lovers who threw their bodies there in the story would hear the sad songs together. Her instrument was spreading clear but melancholy sounds surrounded by unknown people including me who still stay here as an alien.

In Taiwan, I experienced many artists on the street but she was really fascinating player at the darkest place. An old man who plays sorrowful harmonica, a pan flute playing European and his woman, an old artist who draws visitors with traditional bamboo reed, and saxophone playing young man, they were creating every other colors and atmosphere here by their own dreaming. She was the most impressive to me.

I don't know how I get to understand music sometimes unless the tune could explain the detail to me. However, sometimes, a sight or face, tune strikes me like a kite in chilly sky. I really don't know why at all.

0 comments: