Feb 21, 2006

School birthday

On last Sunday school has big ceremony for 130th birthday. They said more than 1,700 guests were invited. Yes, so much crowded. Every schools or organizations related to same foundation had prepared exhibition section around the whole campus and buildings.

I shot many picutures strolling around like a journalist because service was so boring and strange. Back in Korea, we never arrange any ceremony for 'people' during worship. We even never applaud when somebody sings or be introduced.

Unfortunately, however, Taiwan worship culture maybe a bit different so that I could understand it. But it was a very small reason. Actually I was so bored. People outside of worship was much exciting.

Picture on left top is the student choir conducted by Edgar. I could see some of my friends also. Left bottom is from a photo at Siraya tribe but I don't know what it means. Maybe the first period drawing by a western painter. Right bottom is wonderful decoration by David. He had prepared them since the last national election of Taiwan.

He gathered many campaign banners with some of international students when campaign was closed and sewed them as a few nice collage banners already and hung on the wall at second floor of dormitory. I like them.

Now he hung these wonderful decorations all around the campus. I wonder people recognized what it wanted to show. As David and me agreed, it was an exciting 'deconstruction' of politics.

Whatever, I enjoyed people then.

0 comments: