Jun 21, 2008

graduation tears

I graduated the school on last Wednesday. So, I have a master degree now. In fact, I have walked a long and delayed road to this simple, well, not easy academic career. I can write one more line in my resume when I want to apply for job or further study. I may be happy.

From graduation


I finished 4 semesters in this school for last 2 years in Tainan, Taiwan. In some sense it was hard working to overcome language problem, but I should say life in campus was quite good except small matters. I liked and enjoyed here even though it's so hot in Summer just like now. How can I describe the atmosphere of this school? It always reminds me my old junior high school in Seoul. Lovely old style buildings, rich trees, plumbs, flowers and many kinds of insects, birds, and tree animals, all those make me feel I'm in a garden.

I've met and let go many friends since I've been here. And I should say most of them are nice and gentle. What else I can expect from local friends to a foreign student like me. They were always kind and helping at any rate. They would be my precious friends on in my life, I hope so. It must be much better if my language was good as much as necessary conversation with them before they left campus. However, we could share many laugh, chat, meal, tea, travel, and thinking. In this respect I surely say they are my friends.

I am not so pretty sure I can transfer to divinity degree in the third grade here on coming September. I just applied. If the result is positive, I may stay one or two years here more. Even though I must consider my family in Korea, I will be happy to hear the admission.

For now, I'm interested in the early relations and influences between folk religions and Christianity in Taiwan, especially West coast area. I would like to study and research those folk faith and various types of temples in advance by myself. I hope my Chinese can be improved enough to catch required resources. Also, some of my friends will help me to contact and interview with real religious people of Taiwanese folk religions. I'm already excited to prepare that plan.

Graduation is the last step of study and the first of working. But I'm planning further study although my option is not so many. Therefore I don't think this graduation is the last stage of my study. I'll go on unless my physical condition would stop me or God says something different about my future.

Congratulations on myself.

From graduation

2 comments:

hmsy said...

Congratulations!!!

WHat a wonderful day it is! ^^

I'm sure it is just one stop of your study journey. There's a long way to go after this one. Because there is another one to come and another one. Even after that, your study is a life study. That is you, I know. ^^

Keep going on. I'm proud of you and so happy for you.

Min said...

Thanks a billion. I feel a sudden brand-new burden although I have many alreay. haha. We go together, right?